Why attend the BOYS Academic Basketball Camp, Metro NY
- The Academic Basketball Camp is the first of its kind in the country for boys in preparing players for the unique experience and opportunity of the All-Academic Camp at Brandeis with direct review and feedback from college coaches.
- The Academic Basketball Camp has a coach from the top academic conferences, e.g., NESCAC, UAA, NEWMAC, Centennial, ODAC, SCIAC, SAA, Landmark and Liberty League, at the camp to work directly with the players.
- The Academic Basketball Camp is just 20 minutes from NYC and the New York area airports and the Metro North commuter railroad runs trains to the Bronxville station twice hourly, which allows easy access for everyone.
- The Academic Basketball Camp attracts student-athletes from around the country. In 2019 14 states were represented; 31 states and 5 foreign countries were represented so far at the boys camp.
- The Academic Basketball Camp will get you the exposure you need to play at a top flight academic school.
- Every game is videotaped by Crusader 22 Productions.
Why attend the All-Academic Basketball Camp at BABSON:
- The All-Academic Camp was the first of its kind in the country. Many have tried to copy the camp, but none are even close to the original in terms of quality.
- Last year the All-Academic Camp had over 150 college coaches and scouts in attendance.
- The camp is recruited by the top academic/athletic schools in the country (Division I, II, and III).
- Scouting report representatives including New England Recruiting Report give these camps MAXIMUM EXPOSURE.
- Every game is videotaped by Crusader 22 Productions.
- The Girls 2021 Academic Basketball Camp will not be held but there are many wonderful camps on our list for you to consider. If you would like assistance to Earn A College Uniform at one of the top academic schools on the Women’s team, please call or email for information on how to get started.
Please direct all questions to:
Academic Basketball Camp Director
Please mail Registration, Medical Form and payment to: Academic Basketball, 141 Sweet Briar Road, Stamford CT 06905. Please email, fax (203.774.0603) or send a copy of the high school transcript after the school-year ends.
BOYS ACADEMIC BASKETBALL CAMP – Preparing for BABSON (formerly Brandeis)
The 2021 All-Academic Basketball Camp will be held at BABSON (formerly Brandeis) on Monday – Wednesday July 5-7. To prepare 80-120 student athletes for this most important exposure event on the calendar – considered mandatory for Academic Basketball Club players – Academic Basketball™ will hold a preparatory weekend event in Metro NY at Sarah Lawrence College’s Bronxville campus on SATURDAY July 3, 2021 from 8a-6p, two days before Babson. This camp is expanded to 120 current high school players (Classes of 2022 – ’24) to provide student athletes with grades and test scores needed for admittance to top academic colleges, and proven varsity talent on the court, with an opportunity to be seen by coaches from top academic colleges. These coaches watch each game played at the Academic Basketball Camp and provide immediate review directly to the players allowing the opportunity to develop better, more effective techniques in time to use them at Brandeis. Academic Basketball™ is working in association with the All-Academic Camp, the leading exposure camp for academically strong basketball players.
GIRLS ACADEMIC BASKETBALL CAMP
A player with a minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 (un-weighted) will be favorable to the majority of academic college coaches at the camp, lower by some schools, such as the SUNYs; rising seniors want to have an SAT score of 1100+ or an ACT composite score of 25 or higher though this is a “want, not need, as many academic schools have now gone to a test-optional admission policy.
Who: Top-flight academic student-athletes entering sophomore, junior, senior years, or post-grad.
What: Academic Basketball Camp
When: Boys: July 3, 2021 from 8a-6p
Where: Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
Why: To compete against the best student-athletes in the country and to gain maximum exposure to the country’s top D3 academic institutions.
The Educational and Informational Advantage at the Academic Basketball Camp
- Strategies on how to become a recruitable athlete at top academic colleges and universities
- Information on SAT and ACT preparation programs; plus, which test is better for you?
- Information session on what college coaches look for in student-athletes
- Current college student athletes explain how to balance athletic and academic responsibilities at elite schools
- Experts will help players understand how to find the right college athletic/academic fit.
- Information available from experts in financial aid and strategies, completion of forms and college applications including writing excellent essays.
- Every game is videotaped by Crusader 22 Productions, making game DVDs and highlight videos available to send to the D1 and D2 coaches who cannot attend the camps
A Sample of Conferences that have recruited at All-Academic Camps:
ACC, ATLANTIC 10, Big East, Ivy League, Patriot League, Conference USA, America East, Northeast Conference, University Athletic Association, NESCAC, NEWMAC, Northeast 10, Liberty League, SUNYAC, Centennial Conference, Commonwealth Conference.
A Sample of Colleges that have recruited at All-Academic Camps:
Holy Cross, Davidson, Pace University, Stonehill, Assumption, Lafayette, NJIT, Tufts, Colby, Amherst, Bowdoin, Hamilton, Trinity, Middlebury, Connecticut College, Brandeis, Emory, Rochester, NYU, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Vassar, Clarkson, William Smith, Bard, Haverford, Dickinson, Muhlenberg, Gettysburg, Franklin & Marshall, Swarthmore, Wheaton, MIT, WPI, Babson, Springfield, Wellesley, Smith, Mt Holyoke, Gordon, Roger Williams, Nazareth, St John Fisher, Stevens, Hartwick, Ithaca, Illinois Wesleyan (2012 National Champion), FDU-Florham (2014 National Champion), Denison, Kenyon, Wooster, Oberlin, Alleghany, Macalester, Grinnell, Knox, Lake Forest, Earlham, Wilkes, Emmanuel, Wentworth, Emerson, Washington & Lee, Sewanee, Berry, Centre, Birmingham Southern, Oglethorpe, Rhodes, Trinity (TX), Dallas, Agnes Scott, Shenandoah, Cedar Crest, Goucher, Manhattanville, Arcadia, John Jay, Baruch, Geneseo, New Paltz, Oswego, Oneonta, Plattsburgh, Colorado College, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Scripps, Pomona, Pitzer, and Cal Tech.
Academic Basketball Camps are the place to be seen by college coaches…
“With all the college coaches and scouts in attendance at camp this past summer, the Academic Camp is the best place to be seen by elite academic schools. The visibility for the players is amazing and the level of play is top-notch!”
Adam Finkelstein, Managing Partner, New England Recruiting Report
What the College Coaches are saying…
“The Academic Camp has become a must attend recruiting event for us and all highly-selective colleges and universities in the country.”
NESCAC Head Coach
“Please do whatever you have to do to keep this going. We coaches need an event like this to find the players we want to recruit. You really have something here. Thank you.”
Liberty League Head Coach
“The Academic Camp is a must attend event for any coach at a top academic school…any player who wants to be evaluated by the top academic schools needs to be at this event!”
UAA Head Coach
“Your camp was amazing. Every player was at the level we need them to be. They are all recruits for me. Nowhere else I have been can I say that; this was the best time I could have spent.”
UAA Assistant Coach
©2009-2021. All rights reserved.
Contact: Harvey Rubin at 203.329.0707 or email at AcademicBasketball.com
Academic Basketball Club, Inc. is a registered 501c3 corporation; Academic Basketball is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.